Saturday, August 13, 2011

Week 8, Reflection



As a part of project work implementation, at this time, I plan two project activities in my school. One of them is for teachers of science from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, and another is for 9-grade biology students.Thus, I am searching resource on science firstly that I will use for my projects and practice. This week was very helpful with readings and assignments that were directed on practical implementation of documents, forms, and sites that we can use in our work. Therefore, all of these assignments motivated me to create sites, to practice exercises that I will definitely use in two my projects. As a result, I created class at Nicenet (for 9-grade students); new page in blogger.com (for CE Course); new site in Google (for 9-grade students); new documents and forms in Google; and a new site in http://netki11.wordpress.com/ that I am going to use for my participants of CE course. Isn’t it wonderfully that I am going to change the way of writing reports? I will use just a site where everything would be documented. I was looking for discussion platform and found that I can use wikispaces for that goal. We checked that it’s real can work with Professor Donna and I can invite participants of CE course to visit wikispaces where they can use Russian language too.
There are many resources that I am and my students can use. From beginning to end of our week, I looked through suggested exercises at “Tools for educators”, “Lanternfish”, “easy test maker”, “Crossword Puzzl Games” and found many interesting handouts and cards that can be used in the classroom for my teaching. I love “Technically interesting Hot Potatoes pages” at http://eolf.univ-fcomte.fr/index.php?page=technically-interesting-hot-potatoes-pages. There are so many wonderful examples of Hot Potatoes Quizzes, especially I love quizzes with Interview questions that include audio files and video files. I found that the Web Poster Wizard is very creative site and I can create there different posters. Students also can join this site and make their own posters. All of these sites and exercises I will use in teaching science and professional development of science teachers.
As Administrator at school, I love to explore new for me wiki site http://netki.pbworks.com/w/page/44265088/FrontPage that can be used at school for administration for sharing documents and files. I am going to keep it and work there in a year.
The central part of our discussion at this week was ANVILL, a free Course Management System that is awesome in its using. Teacher who wants organize a course, can create their course and post there materials-files, handouts, photos, videos, and so on. It’s also great with T-cast where students and teachers can post their audio and video messages according to the topic that they discuss. ANVILL is a creative tool that can content stories, slideshows, games, Interactive lectures and students can work in groups, solve problems, answer on the questions and understand the topic naturally by exploring and virtual investigating.
I could practice in formative assessment by providing feedback to my partners on the Project/plan drafts that we created till now. I have learned from my colleagues a lot about writing project/plan and reconsidered some of the sections that I wrote before. I believe that I can improve my plan before due date.
I feel that my knowledge and skills become better and I will be ready at the end of the course to implement my project ideas.



4 comments:

  1. Hello Natalya,
    As has been customary now, you have worked tremendously throughout the week. Congratulations! You have again done a wonderful week's work! Can't say the same for myself :(
    Your project(s) are very exciting and interesting. Looking forward to reading your final project report. I agree that this course has been elevating, exciting, as well as informative. I learnt a lot many new things and yes, the ANVILL is a revelation. However, I could not do much with it. All the best for your final project report. Looking forward to see you in next week!
    Atanu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Natalya,
    I have to congratulate you on all the new tools you are starting to put into practice. Keep on working hard!!!
    Wilma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalya,

    You have excellent ideas to put technology to use in the classroom!
    I loved your Project Plan and I think your students will benefit a lot from the changes you will implement.

    Congratulations on your excellent work! It's been a pleasure working with you this week!

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Natalya,
    I think all of these tasks, it's like a piece of cake to you.

    Choi

    ReplyDelete